We’ve been blogging for over three years now and we’ve tackled the question of, “What is empowerment?” many times. However, would you truly recognize an empowered woman if you saw one? Odds are you probably wouldn’t; not entirely anyway.
At Soulspring Groups (the meetings, the gatherings and all the events), empowerment is a common topic of conversation. When asked about empowered women, you’re probably as quick as most to list off a slew of names; women you know, women you admire, women you aspire to be. Yet one important person is likely to be left off the list, and that person is YOU.
So we ask you…Would you recognize an empowered woman if you saw one? What behaviors do they exhibit? What traits do they possess? More importantly, are you one?
As the old adage goes, seeing is believing. Are you living empowered? Check yourself against these ten examples of empowering qualities and behaviors and see just how empowered you really are.
You are empowered if…
- You recognize the fear and do it anyway. Why would we let a little thing like fear hold us back from what we want in life? After all, the key to overcoming our fears is to just stop it!
- You learn something new every day. The world is full of adventure and there’s a lesson around every corner.
- You believe that you have the potential to achieve great things. In the words of the great Dr. Seuss, “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
- You display patience and accept divine timing. We once heard Echkart Tolle, author of such great books as “The Power of Now” and “A New Earth” say, “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.” Well said!
- You welcome each day with enthusiasm and excitement. Each day is a gift after all; is there really any other way to accept something so special?
- You accept challenges as opportunities for strength and character building. Heck, what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger, right?
- You squash the negative self-talk and speak only positive and affirming statements. Our positivity is what fuels us and makes us shine! That’s why we offer a new positive affirmation with every visit to the Soulspring Groups’ website!
- You begin your day with a ritual such as quiet journaling, meditation or prayer. Silence, personal reflection and time spent connecting to our Creator, keeps us focused and centered on the bigger picture.
- You believe above all else that you have what it takes. How cruel of a joke to be given a deep desire with no way to achieve it. No, we’ve got everything we need, or at least have access to it, if we stay focused and conscious. While it may not come to us exactly as we envision, our passions will be realized in wonderful ways if we keep the faith and believe.
- You take time for regular personal development and the exploration of important life principles. For a growing number of women, that means being active in their Soulspring Group. If you’re not yet part of this inspiring trend, you’ll want to learn more about joining a Soulspring Group or starting one of your own today.
The Soul Sisters