While doing a little dusting in the office, I spotted a well-worn copy of Steven Covey’s classic, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”. This book first introduced us to concepts like the “abundance mentality” and the “upward spiral”, launching us down a path of personal development and growth, and a desire to support other women to do the same.
Seeing that title again got us thinking about the habits of highly empowered women. What qualities do these women have in common? What is it that sets these women apart from their counterparts? Some lively conversation and a brainstorming session later and we came up with quite a list: “The 30 Habits of Highly Empowered Women”.
1. Empowered women know they have a mission to fulfill. They think, plan and live in accordance with their life purpose.
2. Empowered women set aside the stereotypes and instead choose to focus on being their best and most authentic self.
3. Empowered women know it’s o.k. to ask for what they want. They feel deserving of the best life has to offer.
4. Empowered women have an open mind. They welcome new ideas and often a change of mind is more like a change of limiting belief.
5. Empowered women see fear for what it is, “False Evidence Appearing Real”.
6. Empowered women spread love and kindness wherever they go. Their open hearts attract great opportunities and wonderful people to them!
7. Empowered women make their own self-care a top priority. They know they can’t help others if their personal energy is in short supply.
8. Empowered women show gratitude for all the gifts in their life. It’s this gratitude that brings them abundance!
9. Empowered women accept the differences in others. We’re all uniquely different (and equally important) after all!
10. Empowered women surround themselves with other empowered women. They know the support of others allows them to do really great things.
11. Empowered women close energy-sucking cycles in their lives. They know what’s important and can delegate or even dump the unnecessary.
12. Empowered women are clear on their core values and live according to them. It’s the only way to fulfill their life’s purpose.
13. Empowered women live a life of clarity. They know what they want to create or accomplish and they keep their eye on their goals daily.
14. Empowered women take 100% responsibility. No matter how difficult, they always have a choice, and every decision is theirs to make.
15. Empowered women believe anything is possible! They achieve because they believe!
16. Empowered women recognize when things aren’t working in their lives and make the necessary course corrections to get back on track.
17. Empowered women commit to constant and never-ending self-improvement. Knowledge is power!
18. Empowered women put more focus and attention on the positive than the negative.
19. Empowered women are constantly challenging their limits beliefs. They often question “why” and “why not”.
20. Empowered women live in present time consciousness. They experience each moment to the fullest.
21. Empowered women are honest with themselves and others. By living truthfully they will have no regrets!
22. Empowered women “pay” themselves first. When their financial house is in order, they have more ways and means to give to the world.
23. Empowered women empower themselves by empowering others. That’s all we’ve got to say about that!
24. Empowered women don’t fall into playing the blame game. “If it’s to be, it’s up to me,” is their mantra!
25. Empowered women know how to say no. They don’t let feelings of guilt or obligation keep them from what’s really important.
26. Empowered women never, never, never give up on their dreams and goals. They believe and achieve!
27. Empowered women have a strong relationship with their Creator, taking time for daily reflection and meditation.
28. Empowered women living in balance; mind, body and spirit.
29. Empowered women go over, under, around or through every challenge until they achieve their goals.
30. Empowered women spend life doing the “right” things, instead of just “more” things.
Of course there are many, many more qualities that highly empowered women share. What traits would have made your top habits list? Please comment below.
The Soul Sisters